Friday, May 23, 2014

Life Lessons I Learned from the New X-Men Movie

Today, I attended the premiere of the newest X-Men movie: Days of Future Past.  As I was sitting in the theater, and afterwards, I had a few realizations that I feel I must share:

1) Snack Bar Conspiracies:  Who needs a 54 ounce soda?!  I believe the movie makers and the soda companies are in cahoots!  You buy the large (because it's ONLY $1 more than the small), and you get free refills.  I don't know it to be true, but I'm convinced this is the purpose behind it - If you drink the whole thing by yourself, you will have to get up during the middle of the movie for a pee break.  It will take 10 minutes to get back because the movie show times are synchronized with your bladder.  You'll have to wait your turn, and by thus missing part of the movie, you'll have to buy another ticket to catch what you missed, or, you'll buy the movie on DVD or Blu-Ray.  Me?  I pee'd before the movie, and, I paced myself not to drink the whole thing during the show.  (I did get my free refill on the way out.)

2) Be Polite!:  It's a good thing to turn your cell phone off so as not to disturb the other moviegoers, but if you shelled out $11 to watch a matinee of the Real D-3D showing (in my case $12.25 because I bought my ticket from Fandango to ensure they weren't sold out), you don't want any distractions.  Get your monies worth and "unplug".

3) No Four Eyes for 3D:  I've tried to watch 3D movies with the special glasses, while wearing glasses, and I was thrown off by it.  For the longest time I only attended regular showings.  I recently got contacts, so this time, I gave it a try.  It was well worth it!!

Most of these are just common sense, but for anyone lacking it, I'm glad to share my observations.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment